Pre-Opening Session: 3:30 a.m. ET
Limit orders can be entered and will be queued until the Limit Order Auction at 4 a.m. ET.
Opening Session: 4:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET
• 3:59 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. ET - Opening Auction Freeze Period
Orders that are eligible for the Opening Auction may not be cancelled one minute prior to the Opening Session until the conclusion of the Opening Auction.
• 4:00 a.m. ET - Opening Auction
• 9:29 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET - Market Order Freeze Period
• Market Orders and Auction-Only Limit Orders may not be canceled. Market Orders and Auction-Only Limit. Orders may not be entered on the same side as an imbalance.
• 9:30 a.m. ET - Market Order Auction
Core Trading Session: 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
• 3:59 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET - Closing Auction Freeze Period
• Market-on-Close (MOC) and Limit-on-Close (LOC) orders cannot be canceled. MOC and LOC orders may not be entered on the same side as an imbalance.
• 4:00 p.m. ET - Closing Auction Run and Closing Price Disseminated. All Day Orders entered for the core session will be canceled.
Extended Hours: 4:00 pm to 8:00 p.m. ET
• 8:00 p.m. ET - Limit Orders entered after 4:00 p.m. ET are canceled.
• 8:01 p.m. ET - Portfolio Crossing System (PCS) Cross Orders are executed at the conclusion of extended trading hours.
|Equity Options||9:30 a.m. ET- 4:00 p.m. ET|
|ETF Options||9:30 a.m. ET- 4:00 p.m. ET|
|ETF Exceptions: DIA, EEM, IWM, QQQ, SPY, UNG, UUP, XLB, XLE, XLF, XLP, XLU, XLY||9:30 a.m. ET- 4:15 p.m. ET|
|Index Options||9:30 a.m. ET- 4:00 p.m. ET|
|Index Exceptions: MNX NDX RUT||9:30 a.m. ET- 4:00 p.m. ET|
|ETN Options: AMJ, GAZ, INP, JJC, MLPN, OIL, RJA, RJI, VXX, VXZ||9:30 a.m. ET- 4:15 p.m. ET|
Note: Although NYSE Arca follows the same holiday schedule as the NYSE, on days when the NYSE closes early NYSE Arca hours may vary due to their extended trading day.